Kurento room recording

coquere...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2016, 8:34:54 AM6/17/16
to kurento
Hi,

I'm trying to record a room but nothing happen. Here you will find the changes made in the code.

I've had in Participant constructor :
this.passThru= new PassThrough.Builder(pipeline).build();
this.hubPort = new HubPort.Builder(composite).build();

Then in the method join() in Room.java :
log.info("Start Recording");
this.hubPort = new HubPort.Builder(this.composite).build();
this.recorderEndpoint = new RecorderEndpoint.Builder(getPipeline(),"C:\\Utilisateurs\\Name\\Bureau" + getName() + ".webm").withMediaProfile(MediaProfileSpecType.WEBM).build();
this.hubPort.connect(this.recorderEndpoint);
this.recorderEndpoint.record();

At the end of the method createPipeline() in Room.java :
this.composite = new Composite.Builder(getPipeline()).build();

Normally when someone enter in the room, It has to begin to record but nothing takes place. Could you help me?

Best Regards,

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Jun 17, 2016, 8:40:51 AM6/17/16
to kurento
You are using a windows path, but the server is supposed to run only on Linux, maybe this is the problem.

coquere...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2016, 6:56:50 AM6/21/16
to kurento
I have changed the path to record on Linux and nothing.

I You will find the classes used in attached file.
If you have an idea?
Room.java
Participant.java

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Jun 21, 2016, 8:10:01 AM6/21/16
to kurento
Most probably, the server does not have permission to write on this folder (if it exists). I recommend you to subscribe to errors in order to get notified of asynchronous problems.

What do you mean by nothing? No file, empty file? Where are you looking for the file?

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 21, 2016, 8:14:13 AM6/21/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
When I mean nothing, it means that there is no file. And I don't think it's a permission problem because the programme is startedas super user and on the local host.

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Jun 21, 2016, 9:11:38 AM6/21/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
Do you start it as root or as a service, in this case it runs as kurento user. Can you copy the exact command that you use. Furthermore, is you share the logs with us we could determine the problem more easily.

Take into account two things:
  •  /Home (in camel case) does not usually exists in ubuntu, but /home (in lowercase), in unix there are different paths
  • The folder that you should check is located on the kms machine (I guess you already know that, just to be sure)
Cheers.

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 22, 2016, 8:37:22 AM6/22/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
Here you can find the project : https://github.com/Erylis01/webrtc.git

The project is started via the docker compose as you can see it in the "read me" of the git. The path to save the file is : file:///record/ but no fil is created.

Cheers,

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Jun 22, 2016, 8:46:24 AM6/22/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
How are you checking the file? Think that it is created inside the docker container. Could you please share the logs of kms with us? Otherwise we can just guess the errror.

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 22, 2016, 9:10:49 AM6/22/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
To check the file I just try to open "file///record/" but the directory doesn't exist.
You will find the logs of kms6 and the log of kurento-agent obtained by the command: "docker logs kms6" in attached files.
It would seem that there is an error with Libdc1394.
logs_kms6.txt
kurento_agent.txt

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Jun 22, 2016, 9:25:56 AM6/22/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
But do you try to open it from the docker container or from outside kms container?

Sorry, but the log you are sending is the one from java application, but not for the kms. Kms logs are located in /var/log/kurento-media-server (inside kms docker container)

About kms6 log: it seems that you are having problems during installation, this can also be problem, probably the first one to be solved.

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 23, 2016, 3:43:18 AM6/23/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
I don't understand how to see the log located in /var/log/kurento-media-server inside the kms docker container.
Can you explain to me?

Jose Antonio Santos Cadenas

Jun 23, 2016, 3:47:13 AM6/23/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
I'm not a docker expert, better ask on a docker forum. Take into account that the recording file will be also inside the docker container.

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 23, 2016, 5:07:07 AM6/23/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
Ok so I found how to have acces to the directory /var/log/kurento-media-server but there is no file in this directory.
Message has been deleted

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 23, 2016, 5:12:09 AM6/23/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
But I found the file of the record in the container.

Par contre il y a bien un dossier record

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 23, 2016, 6:57:47 AM6/23/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
The recording works but I have only the sound no video. I don't know why.
If you have an idea?

Ivan Gracia

Jun 24, 2016, 12:28:11 AM6/24/16
to Kurento Public
Perhaps you are not connecting both audio and video, or you are only sending one of those?

Ivan Gracia

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 24, 2016, 4:17:35 AM6/24/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
It's ok everything works

Ivan Gracia

Jun 24, 2016, 4:24:18 AM6/24/16
to Kurento Public
What was the problem?

Ivan Gracia

Pierre Coquerel

Jun 24, 2016, 4:27:23 AM6/24/16
to kur...@googlegroups.com
I don't know. The first time it didn't work, I only had the sound but the second and the next time I had everything.
Thanks for your help

Ivan Gracia

Jun 24, 2016, 4:29:35 AM6/24/16
to Kurento Public
No worries! Thanks for the update.

Ivan Gracia

wang jun

Jun 29, 2016, 7:01:26 AM6/29/16
to kurento

I meet the same issue
have a empty file ,0 byte

Rafał Kowalczyk

Sep 19, 2017, 4:51:56 AM9/19/17
to kurento
Hi. I am using the code of Pierre. I got file with correct lenght but no media inside. Just blank, no sound, no video.

Rahman Rezaee

May 16, 2022, 9:25:47 AM5/16/22
to kurento
Same Issue recording work fine with play but not file exits into directory

sreekar REDDY

Jan 2, 2023, 7:08:28 AM1/2/23
to kurento
Anyone found the solution to not finding the recorded file .
I can't find the saved file of the recording.

Neil Young

Jan 2, 2023, 7:17:38 AM1/2/23
to kurento

sreekar REDDY

Jan 2, 2023, 12:29:27 PM1/2/23
to kurento
I have checked that location but the file is not present.
I'm able to play back the video recorded.But the file is not stored in the location.
Please help