How to Record a Group Call Without using a composite

Carlos Gamboa Encinas

Jun 19, 2023, 6:32:47 PM6/19/23
to kurento
Hi,

I bascailly followed the example of kurento for building a group call,

In which we create N*N connections of WebRTC, where N is the number of people in the room. This works great.

BUT, when it is time to record this kind of setup, how are we able to do it?

Of course the first thing we think of, is the Recorder Endpoint, BUT the sink pad can only receive one type of media at a time, this means that it can record only media at a time.

Following the example of the Group Call, we have N medias flowing and connected together, how can we end up with ONE single recording for all this N medias?

I think that the only way to achieve this in KMS, is using composite? Or is there any other alternative.

Thanks in advance.