Mixer crashing KMS

Petr Kazda

Sep 12, 2023, 4:23:45 AM9/12/23
to kurento
Hello,
we have exactly the same problem as stated here: https://groups.google.com/g/kurento/c/kN97ow37piU

It is crazy that after 8 years there still is the same issue in Mixer that makes it basically unusable - or at least I do not see any working examples around.

We just need do route video 1-N and mix sound N-N. Composite is no go for us as it has fixed resolution output and we need best possible quality.

Unfortunately there is no stacktrace, just this:

Sep 12, 2023 @ 09:40:52.595
Stack trace:

Sep 12, 2023 @ 09:40:47.657
Stack trace:

Sep 12, 2023 @ 09:40:47.657
Segmentation fault (thread 139669293659904, pid 1)

Sep 12, 2023 @ 09:40:47.655
Aborted (thread 139669293659904, pid 1)

Sep 12, 2023 @ 09:40:47.655
free(): invalid pointer

Sep 12, 2023 @ 09:40:47.654
0:50:49.072825207 1 0x7f073000a4d0 INFO kmsutils kmsutils.c:522:kms_utils_pad_monitor_gaps:<'':sink_video_default> Add probe: DISCONT buffers and GAP events

We are using official 7.0.1 build. I would be even willing to pay for the solution as this is now critical for our product and it seems that only way forward would be to switch to something else than KMS, which would introduce large delay in the project.

Thank anyone for looking at this.

Petr Kazda

Sep 12, 2023, 4:31:29 AM9/12/23
to kurento
Btw, we have been trying to use the -asan build, but the docker images won't start due to missing Boost libraries.