No output when running kunit inside container

Ho, Kenny

Apr 19, 2024, 12:26:02 PMApr 19
to kuni...@googlegroups.com
[AMD Official Use Only - General]

Hi,

For the same kernel source tree, kunit ran ok (have results) outside of a container but produce no output when I mounted the directory and ran inside a container. Did I miss some obvious configuration that is needed to run inside a container?

$ ./tools/testing/kunit/kunit.py run --raw_output
[16:16:23] Configuring KUnit Kernel ...
[16:16:23] Building KUnit Kernel ...
Populating config with:
$ make ARCH=um O=.kunit olddefconfig
Building with:
$ make ARCH=um O=.kunit --jobs=24
[16:16:25] Starting KUnit Kernel (1/1)...
[16:16:25] Elapsed time: 1.927s total, 0.001s configuring, 1.921s building, 0.005s running

The test seems to just quit immediately. This is happening in both Ubuntu and Fedora container images. The images has everything needed to build the kernel.

Regards,
Kenny Ho

Ho, Kenny

Apr 19, 2024, 6:24:56 PMApr 19
to kuni...@googlegroups.com

[AMD Official Use Only - General]

Nevermind.  The issue was related to /dev/shm.

Docker needs to be run with
 --ipc="host" --cap-add=IPC_OWNER

Regards,
Kenny