DRM KUnit hackathon

Nícolas F. R. A. Prado

Oct 11, 2021, 11:23:47 AM10/11/21
to Daniel Vetter, Shuah Khan, Brendan Higgins, Daniel Latypov, David Gow, kuni...@googlegroups.com, linux-k...@vger.kernel.org, dri-...@lists.freedesktop.org, André Almeida, Leandro Ribeiro, Melissa Wen, Rodrigo Siqueira, Pedro Sader Azevedo, isinyaaa, ~lkcamp/d...@lists.sr.ht
Hello,

We belong to a student group, LKCAMP [1], which is focused on sharing kernel and
free software development knowledge and mentoring newcomers to become
contributors to these projects.

As part of our efforts, we'll be organizing a hackathon to convert the drm
selftests in drivers/gpu/drm/selftests/ (and possibly the ones in
drivers/dma-buf too) to the KUnit framework. It will take place on October 30.

So please expect to receive some patches from our mentees on that date. It
probably won't be a big volume (experience tells it'll be around half a dozen
patches). We'll also make sure to do an internal review beforehand to catch
common first-timer mistakes and teach the basics.

We're already working on making sure that the converted KUnit tests can still be
run by IGT.

Please let us know if there's any issue with this date. Otherwise we look
forward to helping a few newcomers get their patches in the kernel on the 30th
:).

Thanks!

[1] - https://lkcamp.dev/

Daniel Vetter

Oct 13, 2021, 9:26:08 AM10/13/21
to Nícolas F. R. A. Prado, Daniel Vetter, Shuah Khan, Brendan Higgins, Daniel Latypov, David Gow, kuni...@googlegroups.com, linux-k...@vger.kernel.org, dri-...@lists.freedesktop.org, André Almeida, Leandro Ribeiro, Melissa Wen, Rodrigo Siqueira, Pedro Sader Azevedo, isinyaaa, ~lkcamp/d...@lists.sr.ht
Welcome all, looking forward to cool stuff!

Cheers, Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation