Kundera with Azure storage

Karas Peter

Jan 29, 2017, 3:22:49 PM1/29/17
to kundera-discuss
Hi I'm looking for a decent JPA implementation for Azure storage, and I was wondering if Kundera is planning to support Azure anytime.
I noticed this on GitHib https://github.com/deib-polimi/kundera-azure-table which looks promising but its not been incorporated into the Kundera project ?
Any ideas or suggestions whould be great.
Thanks

Devender Yadav

Mar 1, 2017, 2:28:27 AM3/1/17
to kundera-discuss
Hi Karas,

Kundera team has not reviewed this module. You can try it and if you find any issues we can discuss it.

Regards,
Devender

Karas Peter

Mar 20, 2017, 6:14:16 AM3/20/17
to kundera-discuss
Hi Devender,
We trialed this for a few weeks, and works fine but we came across some limitations.
1 - We need to override the Kundera default of 100 records. we use max records which passes this to azure storage. problem is if maxrecords > 1000, then azure rejects, as azure works in batches of 1000. The underlying API transparently does this batching for queries, but not if we explicitly set the maxrecords, which we have to do to override the kundera default of 100.
2 - had trouble mapping timestamp onto an entity.
I think these issues are easily fixable, but we switched back to using azure SDK.
If you think Kundera would be interested in supporting this plugin I would be happy to try to fix these issues, and then maybe we could revisit the use of Kundera + plugin on our project.
Let me know,
Thanks

Devender Yadav

Mar 20, 2017, 9:59:48 AM3/20/17