Re: [kumofs] Is there a way to get all keys in kumofs?

FURUHASHI Sadayuki

Jul 16, 2010, 10:53:05 AM7/16/10
to kum...@googlegroups.com, kumo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
> In memcached, we can use stats items and stats cachedump to get all
> the keys. Is there a way to get all the keys in kumofs?

Unfortunately, you can't get all keys using memcached client.
Because kumofs is distributed key-value store that uses multiple servers, client gets vast numbers of responses from servers like DDoS attack if you do that.
So, I had not supposed such usage.

Alternatively, you can directly read database file (Tokyo Cabinet) on server node. Its format is as following:

key:
+---------+-----------------+
| 64 | ... |
+---------+-----------------+
hash
key

active value:
+---------+--+-----------------+
| 64 |16| ... |
+---------+--+-----------------+
clocktime
metadata
data

deleted value:
+---------+
| 64 |
+---------+
clocktime

clocktime:
+----+----+
| 32 | 32 |
UNIX time
logical clock

Tokyo Cabinet supports language binding for C/C++, Perl, Ruby, Java and Lua.
See Mikio's website for details: http://1978th.net/tokyocabinet/index.html

Regards,
Sadayuki

--