Chapter 7 I Question 2 I Google.gov Is What's Good for Google Good for the Government

Maha Alfasi

Apr 1, 2015, 6:59:16 PM4/1/15
to kuel...@googlegroups.com
Do you agree that the government and Google have been found themselves targets by companies?

Alauna Thornton

Apr 8, 2015, 1:27:19 AM4/8/15
to kuel...@googlegroups.com

On Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 5:59:16 PM UTC-5, Maha Alfasi wrote:
Do you agree that the government and Google have been found themselves targets by companies?

 Yes, Communications companies spent millions of dollars lobbying Congress to make sure that regulations would not impede their efforts to make profits off the internet.  The Government and Julius Genaschowski were trying to enforce net neutrality so that they could ensure equal treatment of Internet services by providers.  Consumer Watch dog demonized Google by characterizing net neutrality as akin to communism.

Sean Hadley

Apr 8, 2015, 9:55:24 AM4/8/15
to kuel...@googlegroups.com
Absolutely. Google has become the next Microsoft--everyone's going after them. Before that it was "Big Tobacco"...before that IBM. Before that...the "Big Three" auto manufacturers. The government itself as Alauna pointed out has become more of a target because of it's growing power over the internet and many other aspects of American life.

Maha Alfasi

Apr 8, 2015, 4:23:31 PM4/8/15
to kuel...@googlegroups.com
I agree with you that the government and Google are targets by companies.

Christopher Simpson

Apr 8, 2015, 7:51:17 PM4/8/15
to kuel...@googlegroups.com
I think that Kansas City and Google Fiber is a big experiment showing that Google is being attacked. I am in the area to get Google Fiber next, and AT&T, Comcast, and Time Warner have been aggressively marketing to try and get me to not consider Google Fiber. They have even been sending representatives door to door for marketing against Google Fiber.