Chapter 3 Don't Be Evil: How Google Built its Culture Q3

Alauna Thornton

Mar 11, 2015, 7:31:28 PM3/11/15
to kuel...@googlegroups.com
3. There are 10 principles that make a design “Googley.” http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/what-makes-design-googley.html. Are any of these “Googley” principles similar to Donald Norman’s design principles?

Vanessa Schott

Mar 20, 2015, 3:11:19 PM3/20/15
to kuel...@googlegroups.com
Of the list of Googley principles I feel #1 and #3 are the most cohesive to Normans design.
1. Focus on people—their lives, their work, their dreams.
3. Simplicity is powerful.
 Though others could certainly be shaped into similar concepts the biggest takeaways I got from reading DOET.  I want to focus my instruction design on the students I am developing them for and make sure they are simple enough or at least have the signifiers to assist the user without them getting frustrated.