kubevirt.core inventory: Drop support for multiple connections

Felix Matouschek

8:52 AM (12 hours ago) 8:52 AM
to kubevi...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

At the moment the inventory plugin of the kubevirt.core Ansible
collection supports multiple clusters connections per inventory
configuration, but we plan to drop this feature to simplify the code
base.

This will be a breaking change, therefore I wanted to ask if there are
any objections to dropping this feature immediately in the next major
release? Or would somebody like to see a transitional phase first,
where we try to make configurations with a single connection still work
while also emitting a deprecation notice?

I'm inclined to just drop it in the next major release, but I'm curious
what others think.

Thanks,
Felix