network-bridge-binding

Alex Bulatov

May 20, 2024, 2:10:39 PMMay 20
to kubevirt-dev
Hi there,
In light of the new network plugin API I've found the PR where a bridge was adopted as a binding plugin and I hope with the right sidecar image it will able to use `link-refresh` method

In the link above I saw that there is a sidecar for the bridge type, if anyone can share the right image registry and the source code it would be great, and I hope with `kubevirt.io/allow-pod-bridge-network-live-migration` it will allow us to live migrate VM between nodes.

```
configuration:
    network:
      binding:
        bridge:
          sidecarImage: quay.io/kubevirt/network-bridge-binding
```

Right now it's the last issue on my path because I have to notify VM after the migration to update the DHCP address, and it looks like this sidecar can fix that issue.

Regards

Edward Haas

May 21, 2024, 5:22:46 AMMay 21
to Alex Bulatov, kubevirt-dev
Hi Alex,

The bridge binding configuration example used in the PR description does not exist.

You can review the design [1] and the developer-guide [2] to review what exists.

In order to have the bridge binding with tweaks, you'll need to develop a sidecar and CNI yourself.
If you have questions about how to go ahead and start something like that, you can examine the existing
binding plugins and ask specific questions here.

If you develop your own plugin, then there will be no need for the annotation you mentioned (see documentation).

Thanks,
Edy.