Kubernetes memory leak on Master node.

Yakov Sobolev

Sep 14, 2018, 1:42:22 PM9/14/18
to Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
We are running Kubernetes 1.10.2 and we noticed memory leak on the master node. It is known issue? What is the remedy?
We are running several clusters on VMs and confirmed memory leak on all of them. Only out-of-the box components are running on master nodes.

Yakov Sobolev

Sep 14, 2018, 1:56:45 PM9/14/18
to Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
Our master nodes only run following pods:

calico-node
kube-apiserver
kube-controller-manager
kube-dns
kube-proxy
kube-scheduler

Tim Hockin

Sep 14, 2018, 5:37:50 PM9/14/18
to Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
Which component?

Rodrigo Campos

Sep 14, 2018, 5:43:47 PM9/14/18
to kubernet...@googlegroups.com
It seems newer versions fixed a leak. Don't know which component is that is leaking for you, though.

But, for example, this is one that have been fixed in a newer version:
https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/65339

See the changelog here for all 1.10.x minors: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/blob/master/CHANGELOG-1.10.md

If anything seems like your case, I'd try upgrading. But please let us know if it's fixed in released versions or not yet :-)