Switching container images to debian 12 (bookworm)

Sascha Grunert

Jun 22, 2023, 6:10:19 AM6/22/23
to kubernetes-sig-architecture, kubernetes-sig-release, release-managers, kubernetes-sig-testing
Hey folks,

Debian 12 got released 12 days ago, so I would like to bring up the
point of switching our base images to the new distribution.

The default Docker Hub golang:1.20/19 image tags already refer to the
new version, which may cause implicit issues in CI stability if we
don't pin them to a specific distribution like golang:1.20-bullseye.

I created a tracking issue for the k/release images [0] and started
working on porting debian-base [1].

I'd like to set a lazy consensus until July 1st to open-up room for
input and discussions before we move forward. I appreciate any
thoughts on that topic.

Have a wonderful day and all the best,
Sascha
(SIG Release)