registry.k8s.io

Davanum Srinivas

Mar 23, 2022, 8:42:03 PM3/23/22
to kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

sig-k8s-infra is working on a plan to help reduce costs incurred by CNCF (and funded by google). One main ingredient of our cost is traffic served by GCR. Please see [1][2][3] on some of the things we are doing.

We have come to the point where we have a proxy in front of k8s.gcr.io named registry.k8s.io (with code from [4]). It seems to be working well so far. Now we would like to switch on some of the traffic to this endpoint to see how it performs. So we are making small targeted changes [5][6][7] which are reversible (and do not end up in a release!)

Please look out for other things we may need your help with.

thanks,
Dims