Proposing Michelle Shepardson for SIG Testing Chair

Benjamin Elder

Sep 29, 2022, 5:58:52 PM9/29/22
to kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen
Hi all,

Michelle AKA amerai (Slack, email) / michelle192837 (GitHub) has stepped up this year and has been de facto handling a lot of Chair work running meetings. You may previously know them from having been an active community member as Testgrid's maintainer and Prow / infra oncall member for many years now.

I'd like to formally acknowledge Michelle's work as a chair.

Particularly with our current limited chair availability I intend to continue to help staff chair duties myself, but we can revisit as needed to make room for folks.

As it stands the charter doesn't seem to clearly restrict the number of people in these positions so I think we can defer this, though 2-3 is clearly at least suggested. I reached out to +Bob Killen on Steering to confirm the suggestions read on this.

I'd also like to take a moment to acknowledge the work of Eddie Zaneski helping substantially this year as well with the SIG Report and hosting meetings, however Eddie has declined the chair as he's already chairing SIG CLI, among other things.

Thank you both.

Please reach out with any objections, we'll leave a lazy consensus period of one week before PRing an update.

Davanum Srinivas

Sep 29, 2022, 10:21:42 PM9/29/22
to Benjamin Elder, kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen
+1 from me! thanks Michelle!

Dave Chen

Sep 29, 2022, 11:32:58 PM9/29/22
to Davanum Srinivas, Benjamin Elder, kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen

Antonio Ojea

Sep 30, 2022, 3:03:17 AM9/30/22
to Dave Chen, Davanum Srinivas, Benjamin Elder, kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen

Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr

Sep 30, 2022, 3:13:31 AM9/30/22
to Dave Chen, Davanum Srinivas, Benjamin Elder, kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen

Chao Dai

Sep 30, 2022, 12:44:48 PM9/30/22
to Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr, Dave Chen, Davanum Srinivas, Benjamin Elder, kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen
+1
Also Thank you Eddie for helping sig-testing organized!

Cole Wagner

Sep 30, 2022, 1:06:58 PM9/30/22
to Chao Dai, Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr, Dave Chen, Davanum Srinivas, Benjamin Elder, kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen

Aaron Crickenberger

Oct 4, 2022, 5:55:36 PM10/4/22
to Cole Wagner, Chao Dai, Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr, Dave Chen, Davanum Srinivas, Benjamin Elder, kubernetes-sig-testing, Michelle Shepardson, Eddie Zaneski, Bob Killen
+1 great to have Michelle on board

Thanks Eddie for all your help, and keeping your workload sustainable!

- aaron

spi...@google.com

Oct 7, 2022, 8:13:54 PM10/7/22
to kubernetes-sig-testing
Lazy consensus has been reached! Congrats Michelle!

- aaron