Resources.limits for PVC

Sandeep P S

Aug 18, 2023, 7:05:59 PM8/18/23
to kubernetes-sig-storage
Hi,

Regarding https://kubernetes.io/docs/reference/kubernetes-api/config-and-storage-resources/persistent-volume-claim-v1/#PersistentVolumeClaimSpec - a PVC has ResourceRequirements that contains both requests and limits. In general, I see "requests" apply for PVCs but for other resources like CPU, memory, and local ephemeral storage, I see that both "requests" and "limits" apply. Just wondering, why "limits" do not apply to PVC. Any reasoning for this? Is there a plan to support it later? The only place I found some reference to limits for a PVC is this issue - https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/106637.

Thanks,
Sandeep