How can I request a review of a KEP?

Yuma Ogami

May 17, 2023, 12:46:27 AM5/17/23
to kubernetes-sig-storage
Hi team.

I wrote a KEP that adds a way to score nodes based on storage capacities for dynamic volume provisioning. How do I get it reviewed?

It's useful for CSI drivers for local storage to use all node's storage capacity evenly. This KEP is to accomplish this purpose.

For instance, we’re developing TopoLVM [1] that is a CSI driver managing LVM and TopoLVM have an original scheduler extender that filters and prioritizes Nodes based on the amount of free space in their volume groups.

Storage Capacity Tracking was implemented for a filtering feature but not including a prioritizing feature.

If the above prioritizing feature will be implemented, we can remove the scheduler extender for TopoLVM and TopoLVM user can use TopoLVM with enabled the prioritizing feature on the managed Kubernetes like GKE or EKS.

We discussed this on Slack #sig-storage [2] and got the comment, "a separate KEP would be good." [3]

Thanks,
Yuma

Michelle Au

May 17, 2023, 11:16:54 AM5/17/23
to Yuma Ogami, kubernetes-sig-storage
Hi Yuma,

Are you able to attend the sig meeting on Thursday? Otherwise we can discuss over slack. This feature has been an ask for a while. I'm looking forward to this!

Thanks,
Michelle

Yuma Ogami

May 18, 2023, 1:03:43 AM5/18/23
to kubernetes-sig-storage
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your reply. I want to discuss this on slack. Here is my KEP draft.

https://github.com/topolvm/enhancements/pull/2

I'd like to request the review with the above-mentioned URL in #sig-storage slack. Is it correct?

In addition, please also let me know if I should mention someone there.

Thanks,
Yuma

2023年5月18日木曜日 0:16:54 UTC+9 Michelle Au:

宝发范(carlory)

May 25, 2023, 9:34:37 PM5/25/23
to kubernetes-sig-storage
Hi  Yuma,

It may be a better choice to submit the PR of KEP in the kubernetes/enhancements repo, which can get more attention

Thanks,
Carlory

Yuma Ogami

May 26, 2023, 4:04:56 AM5/26/23
to kubernetes-sig-storage
Hi Carlory,

Thank you for your suggestion. I'll do it.

Thanks,
Yuma

2023年5月26日金曜日 10:34:37 UTC+9 fanb...@gmail.com: