New Service Catalog release [v0.3.0]

Mateusz Szostok

May 25, 2020, 1:31:28 PM5/25/20
to kubernetes-sig-service-catalog
Hi all,

We cut-out the new Service Catalog v0.3.0 release 🎉

Highlights of the changes since 0.3.0-beta.2

  • Cascading binding deletion feature. The controller manager deletes all Service Bindings for a Service Instance before attempting to deprovision the Service Instance. This option can be enabled by setting the CascadingDeletion feature gate to true.
    More info https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/service-catalog/issues/2734
  • To perform a successful migration, the Service Catalog resources can't be in the unfinished or deleted state. Otherwise, the upgrading job can fail. We provide a special sanity check script that should be executed before upgrading from 0.2.x to 0.3.0
    More info: https://svc-cat.io/docs/migration-apiserver-to-crds/#preparation
  • svcat CLI can now filter the classes returned by a broker in svcat get classes via a --broker flag
    More info: https://github.com/kubernetes-sigs/service-catalog/pull/2786
  • Previously, when (Cluster)ServicePlan was marked as removedFromBrokerCatalog, it would not be removed on the (Cluster)ServicePlan reconcile due to a bug that blocked the removing logic. This bug was fixed in this release.
  • Support for Kubernetes 1.18
We’d appreciate any feedback on the upgrade procedure and any issues or tips you may run into.

Cheers,
Service Catalog Maintainers