SIG Auth work for the Kubernetes 1.24 release – we need you!

Mo Khan

Nov 29, 2021, 12:40:41 PM11/29/21
to kuberne...@googlegroups.com, kubernete...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com

Hello Kubernetes friends,

SIG Auth is currently planning out the KEPs we’d like to create and work on for the next Kubernetes release (1.24). SIG Auth leads have curated this list from our `Needs KEP` swimlane out of the #sig-auth board, which we’ll be revisiting periodically to update on status and need.

This call-out to the community is our way of looking for folks to both lead the design work necessary to get these KEPs into an implementable state, as well as to land the implementation into the Kubernetes codebase.

One KEP that we’ve already got confirmed owners for is work on the KMS-Plugin, with Anish Ramasekar putting his hand up to lead the charge, and Rita Zhang being a co-author on the KEP. Documented areas of improvement to kick-off are listed here: KMS-Plugin: Areas for improvement. If you’re also interested in helping, having some dedicated reviewers for this work would be incredibly beneficial. Please reach out to Mo Khan to sign yourself up.

Other areas we want to focus on for the 1.24 release can be found in this living document: Needs KEP / release work #sig-auth. Feel free to comment on it with any questions and concerns that you have, we’re excited to hear from you.

Our next community meeting (and the last one for 2021!) will be taking place on December 8th, 2PM EST (11AM PST) and we’d love to have those of you interested in some of this work to come along and chat with other #sig-auth community members. If you’re unable to attend the meeting, we’d love to hear from you over on Slack at #sig-auth.

Thank you,

Mo Khan, Rita Zhang, Anish Ramasekar, Natali Vlatko on behalf of the Kubernetes SIG Auth chairs