Exception for KEP-24: AppArmor

Tim Allclair

Mar 5, 2024, 8:00:52 PMMar 5
to kubernete...@googlegroups.com, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
  • Enhancement name: AppArmor
  • Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): beta -> beta
  • SIG: Node
  • k/enhancements repo issue #: #24
  • PR #’s:
  • Additional time needed (in days): 3
  • Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: Honestly, it's not. This is mostly clean-up work, and improving the user experience. The sooner we get the new fields in place, the sooner we can clean up the deprecated annotations.
  • Risks from adding code late: minimal - no functional changes to how AppArmor behaves; all the changes are around the pod API, moving the configuration from annotations into fields. The new fields are feature-gated.
  • Risks from cutting enhancement: low/none. This is perma-beta and poor user experience, but nothing critical.

In addition to the above information, we've decided to hold this in beta for an additional release even if the new fields merge, and also added an additional feature gate around the new fields. I will backfill these changes to the KEP.

Kat Cosgrove

Mar 6, 2024, 12:09:24 PMMar 6
to Tim Allclair, kubernete...@googlegroups.com, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Friday, 8th March 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead