Exception request for KEP-4639

Peter Hunt

Jun 14, 2024, 4:14:56 PMJun 14
to releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-node, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Sascha Grunert, Sally O'Malley
Enhancement name:  VolumeSource: OCI Artifact and/or Image
Enhancement status: Targeting for alpha
SIG: sig-node
k/enhancements repo issue #: 4639
PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/pull/4642
Additional time needed (in days): 5 days
Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: There is a lot of interest in getting an in-tree implementation of this to assist mounting AI models into pods in a idiomatic , kube native way
Risks from adding code late: Since the code will be feature gated, there should be little risk
Risks from cutting enhancement: Delaying the time a user can get access to this feature

--

Peter Hunt, RHCE

They/Them or He/Him

Senior Software Engineer, Openshift

Red Hat

Sergey Kanzhelev

Jun 14, 2024, 4:52:08 PMJun 14
to Dawn Chen, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-node, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Sascha Grunert, Sally O'Malley, Mrunal Patel
Putting back the release team in the TO line so Mrunal's and Dawn's replies will be visible.

To give more context - we had a meeting to discuss the open questions and the conclusion was that we know we are in agreement on what to do and the alpha feature will help us shape CRI's behavior between CRI-O and Containerd. Thus it will be highly beneficial to get to alpha in 1.31.

I am +1 on trying to get it done.

/Sergey

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 1:47 PM 'Dawn Chen' via kubernetes-sig-node <kubernete...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
+1

On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 1:42 PM Mrunal Patel <mru...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 to attempt getting this in.

Angelos Kolaitis

Jun 17, 2024, 8:56:03 AMJun 17
to release-team, Sergey Kanzhelev, Dawn Chen, kubernetes-sig-node, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Sascha Grunert, Sally O'Malley, Mrunal Patel
I am +1 on trying to get it done.

I have asked on the Slack thread but bringing it here for visibility as well. Can we have some confirmation from the people who are expected to work on this that they feel comfortable that friday EOD is sufficient time to iron out any open issues?

Thanks,
Angelos

Angelos Kolaitis

Jun 17, 2024, 3:48:58 PMJun 17
to release-team, Angelos Kolaitis, Sergey Kanzhelev, Dawn Chen, kubernetes-sig-node, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Sascha Grunert, Sally O'Malley, Mrunal Patel
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Friday, 21st June 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Angelos Kolaitis
1.31 Release Team Lead