Exception for KEP-4346: client-go: Add informer metrics

David Eads

Feb 9, 2024, 2:57:37 PMFeb 9
to K8s API Machinery SIG, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release

    Enhancement name:  KEP-4346: client-go: Add informer metrics
    Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): alpha
    SIG: api-machinery
    k/enhancements repo issue #: KEP-4346: client-go: Add informer metrics
    PR #’s: kubernetes/enhancements#4349
    Additional time needed (in days): 0 days: PRR and sig approved yesterday, but we missed the PRR metadata file.  Corrected in kubernetes/enhancements#4511

    Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: Continued blind spot for poor/stuck controller behavior

    Risks from adding code late: implementation will be no later.  The KEP met sig and PRR approval Feb 8, 3:57pm.  We just messed up the metadata file.
    Risks from cutting enhancement: Continued blind spot for poor/stuck controller behavior

Thanks,
  David Eads

Kat Cosgrove

Feb 12, 2024, 3:03:34 AMFeb 12
to David Eads, K8s API Machinery SIG, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Monday, 12th February 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead