Exception for https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/124101

Kevin Hannon

Jul 25, 2024, 2:29:22 PM (2 days ago) Jul 25
to kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-node
PR name: PID Eviction
PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/124101
Additional time needed (in days): 3 (until Friday, the 26th of July, 2024)
Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone:
 We don't have evictions for PID limits. THis is an outstanding bug in Kubernetes. We have quite a few eviction tests failing due to this and they will continue to fail until this is fixed.
Risks from adding code late:
  None.

Note this is not an enhancement but an outstanding bug in Kubernetes. It is causing failures in our e2e test suite around Eviction and it can cause failures around PID eviction.

Angelos Kolaitis

Jul 26, 2024, 1:36:35 AM (yesterday) Jul 26
to release-team, Kevin Hannon, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-node
Hi all,

Thank you for filing the exception request so that the release team can manage this. The release team is APPROVING this exception request.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Angelos Kolaitis
1.31 Release Team Lead