Exception request: contextual logging, KEP 3077

Patrick Ohly

Feb 13, 2024, 4:19:15 AMFeb 13
to releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

I just noticed that KEP 3077, contextual logging, got removed from the
1.30 milestone after it had been included earlier because one new PRR
question from the KEP template wasn't in the KEP README yet
(https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/3077#issuecomment-1935239175).

I'd like to ask for an exception to update the KEP README and then
proceed with the feature as planned for 1.30.

Enhancement name: contextual logging
Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): targeting beta in 1.30
SIG: Instrumentation
k/enhancements repo issue #: 3077
PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/pull/4519
Additional time needed (in days): 3 (for reviews and approvals)
Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: It has been in
alpha for a while, we should proceed to beta to avoid loosing momentum.
Risks from adding code late: Code PR is ready, it won't be late.
Risks from cutting enhancement: None.

--
Best Regards

Patrick Ohly
Cloud Software Architect

Han Kang

Feb 13, 2024, 11:05:58 AMFeb 13
to Patrick Ohly, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Approved from SIG Instrumentation.

- Han

Kat Cosgrove

Feb 13, 2024, 12:34:00 PMFeb 13
to Han Kang, Patrick Ohly, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Tuesday, 13th February 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead