Exception for KEP 4369

Tim Hockin

Feb 9, 2024, 11:54:36 AMFeb 9
to releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release, kubernetes-sig-node
This KEP was rejected JUST because the milestone was not set, it seems
(https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/4369#issuecomment-1935247298)

It was debated.

It was reviewed.

It was approved.

It was merged.

It was PRRed.

It was labelled.

This feels really bad - the contributor did ALL the right things, and
in time. *I* applied the label but forgot the milestone. Don't
punish the contributor. It's a really bad look for the project.

We ask people to follow the KEP process, even for simplish things. We
can't punish them for good-faith efforts. Process is supposed to
support and facilitate getting things done, not be used as a stick to
hit people with.

Lastly, the opted-in label and the milestone seem totally redundant to
me. Why do we need to jump thru an extra hoop that needs an extra
(manual) step, but doesn't provide any extra information. It should
be clear to anyone that this KEP was approved at all levels, but
someone just forgot to check the box.

I respectfully request this exception AND that we stop being
ridiculous about the letter of the process, when the spirit of it was
clearly met.

Tim