Exception for KEP-3998

Iwai Yuki

Mar 5, 2024, 2:51:16 PMMar 5
to kubernetes-sig-release

Hi all, I would like to submit an exception request for KEP-3998.

---

Enhancement name: Job success/completion policy

Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): alpha

SIG: Apps

k/enhancements repo issue #: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/3998

PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/123412

Additional time needed (in days): 3 Business Days.

Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: Critical to improving the experience of configurable criteria for Jobs.

Risks from adding code late: None because this feature is in the alpha stage, and the feature is guarded by the featureGate.

Risks from cutting enhancement: We plan to take the second alpha stage after the next release. So, if we drop this feature from v1.30, other stages will be delayed.

---

Thanks,

Yuki

Kat Cosgrove

Mar 6, 2024, 2:06:05 PMMar 6
to Iwai Yuki, kubernetes-sig-release
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Friday, 8th March 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead