Docs Exception for KEP-4192

Xander Grzywinski

Mar 27, 2024, 11:11:23 AMMar 27
to kubernetes-sig-release
Hey release team! Filing this exception for docs freeze. Open to feedback on the amount of time requested as well. That's in initial guess on my end, but we may be able to push it sooner if needed.

  • Enhancement name: Move Storage Version Migrator in-tree
  • Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): alpha
  • SIG: API Machinery
  • k/enhancements repo issue #: 4192
  • PR #’s: docs:add docs for StorageVersionMigration v1alpha1 by nilekhc · Pull Request #45294 · kubernetes/website (github.com)
  • Additional time needed (in days): 5 business days
  • Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: This KEP makes the process of upgrading KMS versions much more friendly, and as KMS v2 has moved to stable recently, this will be an important feature
  • Risks from adding code late: Very low, we just need a little extra time to complete the docs due to some out of office time
  • Risks from cutting enhancement: Pretty much the same info as the reason the enhancement is critical

Kat Cosgrove

Apr 2, 2024, 2:49:36 AMApr 2
to Xander Grzywinski, kubernetes-sig-release
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open docs PRs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Friday, 29th March 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead