Exception for KEP-3973: Consider Terminating Pods in Deployments

Filip Krepinsky

Jul 23, 2024, 4:15:37 PM (4 days ago) Jul 23
to releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-apps
Hello, I would like to request an Exception for KEP-3973. The code changes have been approved, but we still need some time for the API review.

Enhancement name: Consider Terminating Pods in Deployments
Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): alpha
SIG: sig-apps
k/enhancements repo issue #: 3973
PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/123430
Additional time needed (in days): 3
Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: This feature can reduce cloud costs, by running fewer pods in some scenarios where Deployments are used.
Risks from adding code late: (to k8s stability, testing, etc.) Low risk as this is an optional alpha feature behind a feature gate.
Risks from cutting enhancement: (partial implementation, critical customer usecase, etc.) It would delay the feature and its graduation by one release. This will have an impact on customers who are looking forward to adopting this feature.

Thanks
Filip