Exception request: Structured logging

Elana Hashman

Nov 18, 2021, 2:56:33 PM11/18/21
to kubernetes-sig-instrumentation, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release
  • Enhancement name: Structured logging
  • Enhancement owner: Marek Siarkowicz @serathius Patrick Ohly @pohly (I am filing this on their behalf on request due to time zones -- as Chair I support the exception request)
  • Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): Beta
  • SIG: Instrumentation
  • k/enhancements repo issue #: #1602 https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1602
  • PR #’s: N/A
  • Additional time needed (in days): N/A
  • Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: Graduating structured logging to beta ensures that users can begin adoption. Note that the feature is not behind a feature flag and still requires opting in, so graduation is a reflection of our assessment of the feature's maturity.
  • Risks from adding code late: None. Code is already merged.
  • Risks from cutting enhancement: This is for bookkeeping/comms with the RT. It seems there was some miscommunication and the enhancement wasn't updated for the 1.23 release; it had been opted in to 1.22 but slipped to 1.23.

Rey Lejano

Nov 18, 2021, 3:26:06 PM11/18/21
to Elana Hashman, kubernetes-sig-instrumentation, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-release
Hi Elana,

Thank you for creating this exception request. With the required approvals and all code for this KEP have already merged, we APPROVE this request. Thank you for opening a PR to update the kep.yaml. The PR is already approved and currently on hold pending the exception request approval.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thank you,
Rey Lejano
1.23 Release Team Lead