exception for KEP-3705 cloud dual-stack node IPs

Dan Winship

Mar 15, 2023, 6:06:27 PM3/15/23
to kubernetes-sig-network, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
Enhancement name: Cloud Dual-Stack --node-ip Handling
Enhancement status: alpha
SIG: Network
k/enhancements repo issue #: 3705
PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/116305
Additional time needed (in days): 0 days

Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone:
Is any enhancement really ever "critical"? Anyway, it's already
implemented. The PR was done before code freeze, and the only reason it
didn't merge was because of an unexpected `no_parent_owners: true`
OWNERS file that caused the PR to need an additional /approve that I
didn't notice in time. (It now has that approval.)

Risks from adding code late:
It's not very late. We were OK with it merging yesterday, so we ought to
be OK with it merging now. It's not a lot of code anyway (and it has
unit tests).

Risks from cutting enhancement:
There are people planning to try it out. They would be sad.

Xander Grzywinski

Mar 15, 2023, 7:25:05 PM3/15/23
to kubernetes-sig-release
Hi all,

Following discussion in K8s Slack the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to make any changes to your PR is 17:00 PDT Thursday 16th March 2022.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Xander Grzywinski,
1.27 Release Team Lead