Code Freeze Exception Request for KEP-3331

Xander Grzywinski

Mar 4, 2024, 5:07:07 PMMar 4
to kubernetes-sig-release
Hello again release team! I'm opening another preliminary exception request for code freeze due to a review delay on our end.

Enhancement name: Structured authentication config
Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): beta
SIG: Auth
k/enhancements repo issue #: 3331
PR #’s: Support multiple JWT authenticators with structured authn config by aramase · Pull Request #123431 · kubernetes/kubernetes (github.com)
Additional time needed (in days): 6 (complete by EOD 3/11)
Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: Critical to improve the experience of configuring identity providers (including supporting multiple identity providers)
Risks from adding code late: Little as this is a flag protected beta feature
Risks from cutting enhancement: Little risk, it would just be a difficult delay to this KEP.

Kat Cosgrove

Mar 6, 2024, 2:08:12 PMMar 6
to Xander Grzywinski, kubernetes-sig-release
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Monday, 11th March 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead