Exception request: Pod Priority Based Node Graceful Shutdown

Mrunal Patel

Jul 8, 2021, 8:38:41 PM7/8/21
to kubernetes-sig-release
Hi,
I want to request an exception for the implementation of this feature to merge:
  • Enhancement name: Pod Priority Based Node Graceful Shutdown
  • Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): alpha
  • SIG: node
  • k/enhancements repo issue #2712
  • PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/102915
  • Additional time needed (in days): 3
  • Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: Makes the node graceful shutdown feature priority class value based and more useful to deploy in production.
  • Risks from adding code late: (to k8s stability, testing, etc.) Very low since this is alpha and feature gated and adds new tests as well.
  • Risks from cutting enhancement: (partial implementation, critical customer usecase, etc.): Slower path to graduation as this helps a lot with ensuring correct node behavior at shutdown/reboot time.
Thanks,
Mrunal

github: @mrunalp

Savitha Raghunathan

Jul 9, 2021, 1:53:19 PM7/9/21
to Mrunal Patel, kubernete...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-release, releas...@kubernetes.io
Hi Mrunal,

Thank you for filing the exception request! Right now, we are only considering critical and release blocking issues for the v1.22 release. Hence, DENYING this exception request.

We look forward to seeing this in v1.23. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us in the #sig-release slack channel.

Regards,
Savitha,
1.22 Release Team Lead