Requesting exception for CSI Inline Volumes GA in 1.25

Jonathan Dobson

Aug 4, 2022, 5:06:59 PM8/4/22
to kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, xingy...@gmail.com, ms...@google.com
- Enhancement name: CSI Inline Volume Support
- Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): Stable
- SIG: sig-storage
- k/enhancements repo issue #596: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/596
- PR’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/111258
- Additional time needed (in days): 3 (this Friday to finish reviews / approvals)
  - Added additonal e2e test to be promoted to conformance later.
  - I would like to move ahead with promoting this feature to GA, and promote these tests to conformance in the next release, since this feature is modifying an existing API (and not adding new API endpoints).
- Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone:
  - This feature has been in beta since 1.16, is well tested, and is already being used by the community, with new CSI drivers that support ephemeral volume types being developed. We would like to make this GA.
- Risks from adding code late: (to k8s stability, testing, etc.)
  - I don't see any new risks, this feature has been enabled by default for nearly 3 years.
- Risks from cutting enhancement: (partial implementation, critical customer usecase, etc.)
  - No major risks, customers can continue to use the beta feature until next release.

--
Jonathan Dobson

Xing Yang

Aug 4, 2022, 5:08:22 PM8/4/22
to Jonathan Dobson, kubernetes-sig-storage, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Michelle Au, Saad Ali, Jan Safranek
+1

Saad Ali

Aug 4, 2022, 5:45:02 PM8/4/22
to Xing Yang, Jonathan Dobson, kubernetes-sig-storage, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Michelle Au, Jan Safranek
+1

Cici Huang

Aug 5, 2022, 3:42:27 PM8/5/22
to kubernetes-sig-release
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to make any changes to your PR is 9:00 AM PST Monday 8th August 2022.

If you have any questions, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Cici Huang,
1.25 Release Team Lead

Jonathan Dobson

Aug 5, 2022, 5:02:35 PM8/5/22
to Saad Ali, Xing Yang, kubernetes-sig-storage, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, Michelle Au, Jan Safranek
Thanks everyone very much, the exception was approved and the PR just merged.
--
Jonathan Dobson