Code Freeze Exception Request for KEP-4192

Xander Grzywinski

Feb 29, 2024, 11:35:08 AMFeb 29
to kubernetes-sig-release
Hello folks! I'm opening a preliminary exception request for code freeze to try and give ya'll some advanced notice. The PR for this KEP is in review, but we think we'll need a few more days to get the review closed out due to some out of office time on the reviewer side.

Enhancement name: Move Storage Version Migrator in-tree
Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): alpha
SIG: API Machinery
k/enhancements repo issue #: 4192
PR #’s: [Storage Version Migration] feat: implements Storage Version Migration by nilekhc · Pull Request #123344 · kubernetes/kubernetes (github.com)
Additional time needed (in days): One week past code freeze. Complete by EOD Tuesday 3/12
Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: Critical to improve the experience of migrating to new KMS version
Risks from adding code late: Little to none as this is a flag protected alpha feature
Risks from cutting enhancement: Little risk, it would just be a difficult delay to this KEP.

Kat Cosgrove

Mar 5, 2024, 4:53:31 AMMar 5
to Xander Grzywinski, kubernetes-sig-release
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Monday, 11th March 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead