Exception for KEP-4176: New Static Policy Option(spread HT across CPU)

Jiaxin Shan

Feb 9, 2024, 7:12:20 AMFeb 9
to kubernetes-sig-node, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
Hi sig-node and release team,

I am filing an exception for KEP-4176 and please take a look.

- Enhancement name: KEP-4176: A Static Policy Option to spread hyperthreads across physical CPUs
- Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable):  alpha
- SIG:  sig-node
- k/enhancements repo issue #:  https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/4176
- PR #’s: Additional time needed (in days): https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/pull/4177
- Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: It's postponed from v1.29 and being discussed for a while, it does have real scenarios so we'd like to implement it asap.
- Risks from adding code late: (to k8s stability, testing, etc.)  this enhancement is self contained, very low risk and it's protected by the alpha feature gate.
- Risks from cutting enhancement: (partial implementation, critical customer use case, etc.) there's customer use cases listed in the KEP. It's being reviewed and close to being approved. a little bit delay due to the reviewer's bandwidth.

--
Best Regards!
Jiaxin Shan

Kat Cosgrove

Feb 9, 2024, 11:43:44 AMFeb 9
to Jiaxin Shan, kubernetes-sig-node, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
Jiaxin,

Could you please advise how much additional time you need, in days?

Thanks,
Kat Cogrove

Kat Cosgrove

Feb 9, 2024, 3:44:07 PMFeb 9
to Jiaxin Shan, kubernetes-sig-node, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Following discussion in Slack, the release team is APPROVING this exception request. Your updated deadline to merge all open code implementation PRs and docs for your KEP is 18:00 PST Saturday, 10th February 2024.

If you need any clarification, please reach out to us in the #sig-release Slack channel.

Thanks,
Kat Cosgrove
1.30 Release Team Lead