Kubernetes SIG Node Updates

Derek Carr

Jan 10, 2023, 1:59:06 PM1/10/23
to kubernetes-sig-node, steering

As discussed in today’s SIG meeting, we are proposing the following changes to SIG Node leadership responsibilities.  It has been a long term goal of ours to split the SIG Node Chair and Technical Lead roles in order to better support the community, SIG, and its participants.

SIG Chairs

The community governance suggests 2-3 people hold this role.  We would like to nominate both Mrunal (@mrunalp) and Sergey (@SergeyKanzhelev) as SIG Node chairs.  This recognizes the work they both have done to help coordinate our release planning and general operations of the SIG over the past year and should help improve release enhancement tracking issues we identified in our 1.26 retro.

SIG Technical Leads

The community governance suggests 2-3 people hold this role.  Dawn and Derek will maintain their technical lead role, but would like to recognize Mrunal as a new technical lead.  Mrunal has been a SIG Node kubelet sub-project approver for more than 2 years.  He is recognized as an expert in the container community in multiple areas, most notably in CRI/Container Runtime areas.

We will give this proposal a week or two to collect feedback before we merge a PR to make it all official.  If there are any concerns, please reach out.  It is our hope to make these changes before Kubernetes 1.27 release planning is complete.  These changes have no impact on sub-project owners sponsored by the SIG and align with our present charter.

Let’s have a great 2023.

Thanks,

Dawn and Derek

Davanum Srinivas

Jan 10, 2023, 5:42:02 PM1/10/23
to Antonio Ojea, Derek Carr, kubernetes-sig-node, steering
+1 thanks!

On Tue, Jan 10, 2023 at 5:33 PM Antonio Ojea <antonio.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
+1

congrats to the nominated and current leadership

Vinay Kulkarni

Jan 11, 2023, 12:07:55 PM1/11/23
to steering, cta...@gmail.com, antonio.o...@gmail.com, Derek Carr, kubernetes-sig-node, steering, dav...@gmail.com
Enthusiastic +1