exception request for 1.26 KEP: DynamicKubeletConfig

Sergey Kanzhelev

Oct 10, 2022, 4:26:14 PM10/10/22
to releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com, kubernetes-sig-node
Hi,

The DynamicKubeletConfig code was removed from kubelet, but kept for node skew versions support in API server. In 1.26 this code is no longer useful as we do not support 1.26 api server with 1.23 kubelet. The intent was just to remove the code. But it was suggested to confirm to KEP process so we can track docs updates and make sure that Release Notes are updated accordingly.

  • Enhancement name: Dynamic Kubelet Configuration
  • Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): removed
  • SIG: node
  • k/enhancements repo issue #: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/281
  • PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/112643
  • Additional time needed (in days): 0 days
  • Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: this is cleanup of a non-usable code that would be best to not postpone
  • Risks from adding code late: no risk. The code that is being removed is outside the node skew support policy
  • Risks from cutting enhancement: codebase carries this code for one extra version

/Sergey Kanzhelev