Potential New API in Kubelet for Terminating Pods Based on condition

Kevin Hannon

Jan 19, 2023, 3:28:21 PM1/19/23
to kubernetes-sig-node
Hello,

I wrote up a brief document about a potential new API I'd like to see in Kubelet.  I presented a similar idea to the batch-wg about trying to terminate pods based on certain conditions.  The general consensus was that this should ideally be implemented in Kubelet.  I'd like to have a discussion to see if it would be possible or feasible to add a potential new API that can terminate pods based on conditions.

The API would allow termination of a Pod if a certain condition is matched for x amount of time.  In the pending phase, conditions can be flipped True to False over a normal period so we'd would need to account for this in the API.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Zl19kGho2C8yLGQeYj02O12Du-Ve4axdnQ_pzWKU-P0/edit?usp=sharing