Eligibility for conformance: Node endpoints

Riaan Kleinhans

Jun 1, 2022, 5:56:51 PM6/1/22
to kubernetes-sig-node
Hallo SIG-Node,

There are two node API endpoints from the remaining set of endpoints that are not covered by conformance tests;

 Comment

  • readCoreV1NodeStatus
  • replaceCoreV1NodeStatus

We have created an issue [1] around this topic which was discussed in April’s K8s Conformance meeting [2].

Clayton Coleman made a comment [3] that these endpoints would likely only be used by a Kubenetes Cluster admin and not be accessible to any Kubernetes user of a conformant cluster.

If there is no other points of view that oppose this we would like to move these endpoints to the list of Ineligible endpoints through lazy consensus in 2 weeks.

[1] https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/109379
[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31Swpnpqn4Y&t=840s
[3] https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/issues/109379#issuecomment-1092294939

Regards,