FQDN Network Policy

Jayanth Varavani

Nov 6, 2023, 5:14:42 PM11/6/23
to kubernetes-sig-network

Hi,

We are from AWS EKS networking team recently released Network policy support with AWS VPC CNI and we've been discussing FQDN support and found this KEP which is similar to what we are thinking, but the KEP progress seems to have been stalled. If anyone is not working on the KEP we will be happy to shepherd the discussion and take the KEP forward. Please let us know how we can help here.

Thanks,

Jayanth

Andrew Stoycos

Nov 6, 2023, 5:27:12 PM11/6/23
to kubernetes-sig-network
Hiya Jayanth,

Thanks for reaching out!! We (specifically @Rahul) have continued this work for AdminNetworkPolicy within the network-policy-api subgroup. We have an NPEP describing the feature here and would love to hear any feedback.  Please reach out on k8s slack at #sig-network-policy-api, attend our bi-weekly meetings (info on our repo + website), or leave comments on the NPEP.

Thanks,
Andrew

Jayanth Varavani

Nov 6, 2023, 10:56:40 PM11/6/23
to kubernetes-sig-network
Thank you. Will look into the proposal.

Vinay Bannai

Nov 6, 2023, 11:45:14 PM11/6/23
to Jayanth Varavani, Rahul Joshi, Blaz Zupan, kubernetes-sig-network
Adding @Rahul Joshi and @Blaz Zupan

Yes, this is a proposal that has been proposed and would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

Jayanth Varavani

Nov 7, 2023, 2:35:14 PM11/7/23
to kubernetes-sig-network
Thanks, will do!!