Mixed-protocol LB KEP

Tim Hockin

Apr 30, 2021, 6:11:10 PM4/30/21
to kubernetes-sig-network
https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1669

This seems to be in alpha still - does anyone have a good reason not to push it forward?

Do we need a beta on this one or jump to GA?

Sandor Szuecs

May 4, 2021, 2:19:24 PM5/4/21
to Tim Hockin, kubernetes-sig-network
Hi!

In my opinion it’s fine. I used it once to mitigate a weird issue in aws and it worked fine.
There’s one comment in sig network slack that asks about a problem they see with it, but no one replied. Maybe you want to check it out.

Best, Sándor

Sandor Szücs | 418 I'm a teapot

Sandor Szuecs

May 4, 2021, 2:20:45 PM5/4/21
to Tim Hockin, kubernetes-sig-network
Sorry I miss read the whole thing, please ignore my message.

Tim Hockin

May 4, 2021, 4:15:02 PM5/4/21
to kubernetes-sig-network
Trying AGAIN since I messed up the link twice

https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1435#issuecomment-831166440 in particular is incomplete - any volunteers to own this?

Antonio Ojea

May 4, 2021, 5:18:08 PM5/4/21
to Tim Hockin, kubernetes-sig-network
o/

If the missing part is only the kube-proxy bits, I can take it

antonio.o...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2021, 2:11:34 PM7/3/21
to kubernetes-sig-network
I just realized that this KEP is missing (I think) one of the graduation criteria items