Considering the retirement of the KPNG project

Shane Utt

Jun 18, 2024, 10:27:11 AMJun 18
to kubernetes-sig-network
Hello all,

Due to lack of activity and the general state of the project (being stale for long periods of time) we have been considering that it unfortunately might be time to archive the KPNG project as doing so would be better reflective of the project's true state and it might help incoming community members avoid confusion.

We really appreciate the effort and energy that came out of this project, I will say I myself attended every meeting for almost a year just because I found it so interesting, the group so fun and the technical discussions engaging. I personally made several long-lasting friendships through this project.

But, it seems may be time. So as far as what that would actually mean practically:
  1. we would consider the KEP withdrawn (this is solely on the basis that it was never completed)
  2. we would archive the repository and generally update community pages and relevant content to reflect its archived state
This does not preclude the notion that we could ever bring the project back, it's more about accurately reflecting current state. We'll leave this post hanging out for a couple weeks for feedback. If you have thoughts, concerns, and general feedback please let us know here (or contact myself or one of the other leads privately). Otherwise if everyone is in agreement and/or there is no serious new proposal to move forward we'll start making the changes mentioned above.

And again, thank you to everyone involved!

Rajas Kakodkar

Jun 19, 2024, 12:18:07 AM (14 days ago) Jun 19
to kubernetes-sig-network
I had a great time working with everyone on KPNG.

+1 to Shane I haven’t been able to contribute much off late and I think its a good idea to archive the project.

Thank you to everyone who contributed to KPNG and specially to Mikael for starting this effort and Jay for getting us involved.

jay vyas

Jun 25, 2024, 6:18:45 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to Rajas Kakodkar, kubernetes-sig-network
+1 shane !  It's not very well maintained now, ... and is mostly an experiment of the past.

this  project was fun as hell to hack on and we made alot of good friendships along the way !

thx mikael  and everyone else !!!!!

jay vyas