Creating a new Repository for Kubernetes Networking Security

Andrew Stoycos

Apr 29, 2021, 10:31:00 AM4/29/21
to kubernetes-sig-network
Hi Everyone,

The network-policy subgroup has been working on new resources such as Cluster Scoped Network Policy and Network Policy V2 (Aka what we're calling the object that will help fill in gaps and expand on what was done with Network Policy V1).

After much discussion in the Network Policy API Meeting, on the KEP for Cluster Scoped Network Policy and in slack(dis 1dis 2) we have decided that the best way to iterate on Network Policy, such as with the cluster-scoped network policy and a possible Network Policy V2, is to create a repo which will serve to house CRDs supported by the group. This follows the same pattern completed by the Kubernetes Gateway API. It has also been agreed upon in the sub-group that this repo should be called network-policy-api as it relates to future work involving k8's network security.

Putting the project outside of kubernetes/kubernetes will allow for faster iterations and greater design freedom for new objects related to kubernetes networking security

I went ahead and opened a new issued for the creation of the repo, but any thoughts or suggestions from the wider group on this effort would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Andrew