Naming Poll for ClusterCIDR Controller Project

Max Neverov

Dec 12, 2023, 5:17:42 AM12/12/23
to kubernetes-sig-network
Hi everyone,

I am reaching out to gather feedback on the proposed names for the ClusterCIDR Controller project as the demo we showcased at the last community meeting received some positive feedback.
As we aim to move the existing ClusterCIDR CRD and functionality out of the Kubernetes tree and establish it as a standalone project, we want to ensure the name accurately reflects the project's role and resonates with the community.

We would like to seek your valuable input on the proposed names.

cidr-node-controller
node-ipam-controller
cluster-cidr-controller
node-ipam-service-gateway-policy-controller

If you have additional suggestions or preferences, please feel free to share them in your response.

To vote or suggest a new name, simply reply to this email with your preferred option or provide your alternative suggestion.

Best regards,
Max Neverov

antonio.o...@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2023, 3:39:42 PM12/12/23
to kubernetes-sig-network

cidr-node-controller
node-ipam-controller +1
cluster-cidr-controller +1
node-ipam-service-gateway-policy-controller

Dan Winship

Dec 18, 2023, 9:43:18 AM12/18/23
to Max Neverov, kubernetes-sig-network
On 12/12/23 05:17, Max Neverov wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am reaching out to gather feedback on the proposed names for the
> ClusterCIDR Controller project
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-network/570847fa-7171-4807-8799-d907df64dca4n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer> as the demo we showcased at the last community meeting received some positive feedback.
> As we aim to move the existing ClusterCIDR CRD and functionality out of
> the Kubernetes tree and establish it as a standalone project, we want to
> ensure the name accurately reflects the project's role and resonates
> with the community.
>
> We would like to seek your valuable input on the proposed names.
>
> cidr-node-controller
> node-ipam-controller
> cluster-cidr-controller
> node-ipam-service-gateway-policy-controller

I vote for node-ipam-controller, and vote strongly against
cluster-cidr-controller, because that's a bad name, because it doesn't
let you control the cluster CIDR.

-- Dan

> If you have additional suggestions or preferences, please feel free to
> share them in your response.
>
> To vote or suggest a new name, simply reply to this email with your
> preferred option or provide your alternative suggestion.
>
> Best regards,
> Max Neverov
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-network/ebf2e218-00bb-4dc9-b2e0-f858a3b7c326n%40googlegroups.com <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-network/ebf2e218-00bb-4dc9-b2e0-f858a3b7c326n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Antonio Ojea

Dec 18, 2023, 10:05:27 AM12/18/23
to Dan Winship, Max Neverov, kubernetes-sig-network
cidr-node-controller 0
node-ipam-controller +2
cluster-cidr-controller 0
node-ipam-service-gateway-policy-controller 0

:)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-sig-network/4dd26f5a-de67-42a0-8828-4058ef2616ee%40redhat.com.

Tim Hockin

Dec 18, 2023, 11:45:34 AM12/18/23
to Antonio Ojea, Dan Winship, Max Neverov, kubernetes-sig-network

Sandor Szuecs

Dec 18, 2023, 1:07:29 PM12/18/23
to Tim Hockin, Antonio Ojea, Dan Winship, Max Neverov, kubernetes-sig-network
node-ipam-controller +3

Sandor Szücs | 418 I'm a teapot

antonio.o...@gmail.com

Dec 22, 2023, 7:13:20 AM12/22/23
to kubernetes-sig-network

node-ipam-controller +3

it's been 10 days, let's wait 5 more days Wed 27, and if there is no concerns, we can apply lazy consensus and go with node-ipam-controller