SIG Network v1.22 targeted KEPs

已查看 59 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Casey Davenport

未读,
2021年4月29日 17:48:322021/4/29
收件人 kubernetes-sig-network
Hey SIG network -

As mentioned on the call today, we have exactly two weeks to agree what KEPs we are targeting for Kubernetes v1.22. The process is slightly different this time (as described here) and we need to explicitly opt-in our enhancements by May 13 in order for them to be considered.

I am starting this thread as a means to collect the in-progress work for consideration for v1.22. If you have a KEP you would like considered, please reply-all to this email with a link to the KEP, targeted status for v1.22, and who the assignee/owner is (if not yourself!)

Also, please make sure any proposed enhancements are up to date!

We can discuss here on the mailing list, as well as on the next meeting, after which we'll finalize our submissions in the spreadsheet.

- Casey

Casey Davenport

未读,
2021年4月29日 17:51:592021/4/29
收件人 kubernetes-sig-network
Also please note that enhancement freeze is also Thursday May 13th, and all v1.22 KEPs must be merged and meet review requirements by 23:59:59 PST Tuesday 13th May. So make sure you're asking for reviews if you need them!

Ricardo Katz

未读,
2021年4月29日 18:01:292021/4/29
收件人 Casey Davenport、kubernetes-sig-network
So, my bigger question here is, we wanted to target endPort Kep for BETA in v1.22, but the graduation policy established (4 CNIs) does not seems to be covered until the freeze. I know Calico and Antrea are on their way to, but if we don't get other 2 CNIs to support this, should we wait until v1.23?

Thanks!

Swetha Repakula

未读,
2021年4月29日 21:10:112021/4/29
收件人 kubernetes-sig-network

Hello!

I would like to add the EndpointSlice KEP for v1.22
KEP: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/blob/54e4141b10537f5e009b26cb420b2d2a71c04b7e/keps/sig-network/0752-endpointslices/README.md
Enhancement Issue: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/752
Target Status for v1.22: Implemented
Assignee: Swetha (gh: swetharepakula)

The KEP requires a couple of updates/clarifications to reflect the changes that went into v1.21 but the changes targeted for v1.22 should not change.

Thanks!
Swetha

Rob Scott

未读,
2021年4月29日 21:32:402021/4/29
收件人 Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
Hey Everyone,

I've also got a few KEPs that I'd like to add to the 1.22 cycle

Topology Aware Hints - Hoping to graduate to Beta
Namespace-Scoped Ingress Class Params - Hoping to graduate to Beta
AppProtocol - Can finally remove the feature gate in this cycle and close out the KEP

Thanks!

Rob

Geon-Ju Kim

未读,
2021年4月30日 04:24:312021/4/30
收件人 Rob Scott、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
I would like to add a new KEP Expanded DNS Configuration to the v1.22 cycle.

It's currently in the PRR stage, but I'd like to merge it by the enhancement freeze.

Ricardo Katz

未读,
2021年4月30日 14:41:272021/4/30
收件人 Geon-Ju Kim、Rob Scott、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
I would like to add Network Policy EndPort in tracking for beta graduation

Thanks!!

Tim Hockin

未读,
2021年4月30日 16:05:312021/4/30
收件人 Ricardo Katz、Casey Davenport、kubernetes-sig-network
On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 3:01 PM Ricardo Katz <ricard...@gmail.com> wrote:
So, my bigger question here is, we wanted to target endPort Kep for BETA in v1.22, but the graduation policy established (4 CNIs) does not seems to be covered until the freeze. I know Calico and Antrea are on their way to, but if we don't get other 2 CNIs to support this, should we wait until v1.23?

I note that both beta and GA say "four NetworkPolicy providers".

What 4 were you targeting?  Does it make sense for you to go try to implement or at least motivate the others?

I do think we should hold our criteria, but I could see adjusting this to 3 instead of 4 for beta.

Thanks!

On Thursday, April 29, 2021 at 2:48:32 PM UTC-7 Casey Davenport wrote:
[...]

2021年4月30日 16:18:062021/4/30
收件人 Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
Swetha - I added #752 to the sheet.

On Thu, Apr 29, 2021 at 6:10 PM 'Swetha Repakula' via kubernetes-sig-network <kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

Tim Hockin

未读,
2021年4月30日 16:23:002021/4/30
收件人 Ricardo Katz、Geon-Ju Kim、Rob Scott、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
Ricardo - I added this to the sheet

Tim Hockin

未读,
2021年4月30日 16:30:302021/4/30
收件人 Rob Scott、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
Rob,

Your KEP enhancement issues need to be updated ;)

Tim Hockin

未读,
2021年4月30日 16:33:042021/4/30
收件人 Geon-Ju Kim、Rob Scott、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network

Geon-Ju: I added this to the sheet

Rob Scott

未读,
2021年4月30日 18:11:182021/4/30
收件人 Tim Hockin、Geon-Ju Kim、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
I've got one more to add. We need to close out KEP 536 - the original Topology KEP. I'm happy to take that on, but if someone else is already on it, that's great too.

Rob Scott

未读,
2021年4月30日 18:25:532021/4/30
收件人 Tim Hockin、Geon-Ju Kim、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
Looking through other sig-network KEPs, there are a couple more missing from this thread. Not sure if Andrew or anyone else has time to move these forward in this cycle, but would love to get them tracked if so:

Ricardo Katz

未读,
2021年5月2日 14:07:352021/5/2
收件人 Tim Hockin、Casey Davenport、kubernetes-sig-network
> Does it make sense for you to go try to implement or at least motivate the others?
Well, I did for Calico :) But apparently Cilium got some issue with the way it's built (they are running with this, I'm talking with them).

> I do think we should hold our criteria, but I could see adjusting this to 3 instead of 4 for beta.
If I could change this to 2, I would prefer as I know there are already two :) And maybe some CNI implementations wait for a feature to become beta before implementing it? Otherwise, we can go with 3 without any problem

Thanks!

Antonio Ojea

未读,
2021年5月3日 02:53:012021/5/3
收件人 Rob Scott、Tim Hockin、Geon-Ju Kim、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
I can take on graceful termination if nobody can, we can add it to the sheet, I think that there is also a PR already

Andrew Kim

未读,
2021年5月3日 10:02:092021/5/3
收件人 Antonio Ojea、Rob Scott、Tim Hockin、Geon-Ju Kim、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
Hi folks,

KEPs on my radar for this release:
1. Service InternalTrafficPolicy (https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/2086) - @maplain worked on alpha implementation and has volunteered to drive this to Beta, needs e2e tests.
2. Service LoadBalancer Class (https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1959) - @XudongLiuHarold worked on alpha implementation and has volunteered drive this to Beta, needs integration tests.
3. Service Disabling LB Node Ports (https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1864) - @Hanlins has volunteered to promote this to Beta, we added the necessary integration tests during the last release
4. Tracking "Terminating" Condition for EndpointSlice (https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1672) - I'm planning to work on this, milestone TBD, Rob any ideas on when we should promote this to Beta? Integration/e2e tests already added for the condition.
5. kube-proxy gracefully handling terminating endpoints (https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1669) - targeting alpha this release, Antonio I'd love your help with this one if you have the bandwidth.

Thanks,

Andrew Sy

Tim Hockin

未读,
2021年5月4日 16:10:582021/5/4
收件人 Andrew Kim、Antonio Ojea、Rob Scott、Geon-Ju Kim、Swetha Repakula、kubernetes-sig-network
I added these 5 to the sheet - please make sure the enhancements issues are up to date WRT links and state.

bo...@google.com

未读,
2021年5月13日 13:22:532021/5/13
收件人 kubernetes-sig-network
Hi all,

Tim Hockin

未读,
2021年5月13日 14:35:342021/5/13
收件人 bo...@google.com、kubernetes-sig-network
Added it yesterday, though it's technically sig-node I think.

回复全部
回复作者
转发
0 个新帖子