Stepping down as ingress-nginx maintainer

Ricardo Katz

May 27, 2024, 11:45:52 AMMay 27
to ingress-...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Hi folks,

I’ve not being able to keep my commitment with the project recently (just able to contrib on Sundays, personal life stuff, etc) and have decided to step down as ingress-nginx maintainer once I am able to finish the control plane/dataplane split (v2.0).

This means I will be around as maintainer for the next 3 to 4 months, finishing the re-architecture of it and then taking a time for myself and other hobbies :)

While the project now has a set of maintainers for specific areas (which I am really thankful for!), I would like to raise that we still need people willing to maintain the main Go code and more reviewers, etc.

Finally, I would like to thank this community for all of the support I have received during this time of maintaining such important project, specially the other ingress-nginx contributors that worked hardly to triage/solve issues, reviews, etc.

Thanks.

Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr

May 27, 2024, 11:59:59 AMMay 27
to Ricardo Katz, ingress-...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Thanks for everything, Ricardo

And let's talk to plan the the next steps

Antonio Ojea

May 27, 2024, 1:39:44 PMMay 27
to Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr, Ricardo Katz, ingress-...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network

Tim Hockin

May 27, 2024, 2:44:31 PMMay 27
to Ricardo Katz, ingress-...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Thank you for stepping in when it was really important. I think I
gave you a (joking) hard time back then, but I really value your
commitment.

Tim
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to ingress-nginx-...@kubernetes.io.

Shane Utt

May 28, 2024, 9:19:06 AMMay 28
to Tim Hockin, Ricardo Katz, ingress-...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network
Thanks so much for all your work Ricardo!

Benjamin Elder

May 28, 2024, 8:24:58 PMMay 28
to Antonio Ojea, Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr, Ricardo Katz, ingress-...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network

Jintao Zhang

May 29, 2024, 12:57:28 AMMay 29
to ingress-nginx-dev, Benjamin Elder, Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr, ricard...@gmail.com, ingress-...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-sig-network, Antonio Ojea
Thank you, Ricardo!!!

You have done many important and valuable things. I am very happy to work with you.

jay vyas

May 29, 2024, 1:47:06 AMMay 29
to Jintao Zhang, ingress-nginx-dev, Benjamin Elder, Carlos Tadeu Panato Jr, ricard...@gmail.com, kubernetes-sig-network, Antonio Ojea
Thanks Ricardo! Will see if we can drum up some more nginx ingress maintainer on this coast :).

This project is a bastion of k8s and you've brought it a ton of energy and visibility - thanks for several features, several community events , live streams, and helping to keep so many companies moving forward w a fully functional , understandable  layer 7 k8s.