Naming brainstorms requested: renaming `about.k8s.io/v1alpha1 ClusterProperty id.k8s.io`

Laura Lorenz

Jul 12, 2022, 4:32:00 PM7/12/22
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hello all,

Following up from today's SIG-MC meeting, we are looking for brainstorms for what name to use for what is currently known as `id.k8s.io` in the about.k8s.io ClusterProperty Kind described in KEP-2149.

`about.k8s.io/v1 ClusterProperty id.k8s.io` is suspiciously universal sounding when just looking at it without more context, even though its restrictions per the KEP are tied to multicluster use cases. Let's rename it.

Please add your brainstorms or comments by next Tuesday, July 19 to column C in this spreadsheet here, short link: http://bit.ly/k8s-clusterid-naming.

THANK YOU AS ALWAYS!
Laura

Renhongcai

Jul 18, 2022, 9:36:41 PM7/18/22
to Laura Lorenz, kubernetes-si...@googlegroups.com

I like the “clusterid.k8s.io” or “clusteruid.k8s.io”.

Laura Lorenz

Jul 19, 2022, 3:16:27 PM7/19/22
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Thank you everyone who suggested some ideas!!! This is the last call for brainstorms -- I'm going to whip up a survey with what we've got in the spreadsheet at 5pm PDT today, so we can analyze the results and debate (hopefully to decision) at next Tuesday's SIG-MC meeting.

Laura

Josh Berkus

Jul 19, 2022, 3:24:47 PM7/19/22
to Laura Lorenz, kubernetes-sig-multicluster
On 7/19/22 12:16, 'Laura Lorenz' via kubernetes-sig-multicluster wrote:
> Thank you everyone who suggested some ideas!!! This is the last call for
> brainstorms -- I'm going to whip up a survey with what we've got in the
> spreadsheet at 5pm PDT today, so we can analyze the results and debate
> (hopefully to decision) at next Tuesday's SIG-MC meeting.

Do you want to send the survey just to sig-MC, or to the whole
community? If the latter, I can help.

--
-- Josh Berkus
Kubernetes Community Architect

Laura Lorenz

Jul 19, 2022, 3:40:56 PM7/19/22
to Josh Berkus, kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Just SIG-MC for this one IMHO, as the impetus is to narrow the semantics to represent the clusterset-specific use case. But thank you!