Naming survey for ClusterID KEP CRD's apiGroup name open until Fri 4/16

Laura Lorenz

Apr 7, 2021, 10:10:32 AM4/7/21
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hello all!

Many thanks to all who gave a look to the brainstorming sheet for the apiGroup name last week!

Now's the time to vote! If you'd like to indicate your favorite, please rank our four choices in this one-question survey on or before Friday 4/16. Some background on what apiGroup even is is included in the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PQB55D6

I plan to use this data to discuss with the API reviewers what apiGroup we can/should use.

Thank you in advance!
Laura

Tim Hockin

Apr 7, 2021, 11:28:59 AM4/7/21
to Laura Lorenz, kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Is it too late to add names?

I meant to add "self.k8s.io"

Laura Lorenz

Apr 7, 2021, 11:50:29 AM4/7/21
to Tim Hockin, kubernetes-sig-multicluster
I've snuck it in!

Laura

IF you were one of the two people who had submitted before I snuck in Tim's request, this part is for you:
I've turned on the ability to edit your answers so you can go back to the survey link as long as your cookies are not cleared, and fill out the new ranking with the new option included. Otherwise I will use your original ranking and assume self.k8s.io is last ranked for any calculation purposes.

Laura Lorenz

Oct 19, 2021, 12:05:52 PM10/19/21
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hello again!

Tying up loose ends here, so reviving this thread to make sure there is record for *posterity* for how the community votes turned out; it was mentioned briefly at the 4/27 SIG-MC meeting but the winner, when using non-random tiebreakers for IRV, was about.k8s.io, followed by self.k8s.io. The final apiGroup name is subject to API review.

Survey data enclosed below, and I used this IRV implementation configured to use non-random tiebreakers.

Laura

---

1,4,5,3,2
2,4,1,5,3