cluster inventory api proposal

Jian Qiu

Jun 29, 2023, 9:33:50 AM6/29/23
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hello
We are starting a proposal about cluster inventory api here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1sUWbe81BTclQ4Uax3flnCoKtEWngH-JA9MyCqljJCBM/edit. This effort stems from the discussion in this doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VMEv8ivK0ovLN8PTv9fGsTqUAErWkv6sE98bdju13oM/edit#heading=h.u7jfy9wqpd2b, and we were trying to learn from various multiple cluster management projects to build this proposal. PTAL if you are interested and feel free to put any comments. We are also going to present the proposal in details in the following sig-mc meeting. Thanks!

Regards
Qiu Jian

Paul Morie

Jun 29, 2023, 10:09:53 AM6/29/23
to Jian Qiu, kubernetes-sig-multicluster
I would advise to avoid using the phrase ‘cluster registry’ in this doc for 2 reasons:

- there has already been a project within this sig called ‘cluster registry’ that was not well defined, and it will not be advantageous for people to associate your proposal with the previous project
- ‘inventory’ has somewhat clearer connotations than ‘registry’, and the doc contains pretty focused use-cases that align well with ‘inventory’ (a collection of assets and their properties)

Jian Qiu

Jun 30, 2023, 4:36:15 AM6/30/23
to Paul Morie, kubernetes-sig-multicluster
good point. I've updated the doc to replace phrase of ‘cluster
registry’ to `cluster inventory`

--
Qiu Jian

Eduardo Arango Gutierez DE

Oct 20, 2023, 12:19:14 PM10/20/23
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hey All, I want to share this issue, maybe all we need is to enhance NFD

Mike Ng

Jan 25, 2024, 12:11:19 PMJan 25
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hi all,

Thank you for your comments and feedback on KEP-4322: Cluster Inventory API: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/pull/4323/
Feel free to share any further thoughts or questions. Your input is greatly appreciated!

Please also take a quick minute to fill out this survey to provide your input on the potential replacement name for ClusterInventory: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2NKFPGM/
See the comment https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/pull/4323/#discussion_r1448044267 for why we are potentially renaming the API.

Sincerely,

Mike Ng

Mike Ng

Mar 5, 2024, 9:30:36 PMMar 5
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hi all,
We've noticed that some participants experienced issues with submitting their responses in our previous survey.
We've created a new survey and updated it with some new choices for you to consider. We greatly appreciate your feedback!
Thanks!
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NK8YRM8

Mike Ng

Apr 18, 2024, 11:53:30 AMApr 18
to kubernetes-sig-multicluster
Hi all,

We have started working on the CRD implementation.
We welcome any feedback you might have.
Your input is most welcome!