Exception Request: Fix Stable Metric Guideline Violation

Frederic Branczyk

Mar 10, 2021, 7:40:47 AM3/10/21
to kubernetes-sig-instrumentation, releas...@kubernetes.io, kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com
Enhancement name: Metrics Stability Enhancement
Enhancement status (alpha/beta/stable): stable
SIG: Instrumentation
k/enhancements repo issue #: https://github.com/kubernetes/enhancements/issues/1209
PR #’s: https://github.com/kubernetes/kubernetes/pull/100082
Additional time needed (in days): 1
Reason this enhancement is critical for this milestone: It's part of the first 3 metrics we're marking as stable and it has a violation of our metrics guidelines.
Risks from adding code late: It's just renaming a metric, I don't expect any risk.
Risks from cutting enhancement: We would be releasing metrics as stable that don't match our own stability guidelines, plus metrics deprecation would take 4 release cycles to fix this.

Best regards,
Frederic

Nabarun Pal

Mar 11, 2021, 11:46:14 AM3/11/21
to Frederic Branczyk, kubernetes-sig-instrumentation, release-team, kubernetes-sig-release
Forwarding my original message, since the Google Groups didn't Reply
to All intended recipients.